Saturday, June 28, 2008

Making New Friends...

So... this morning I had to stop by the housing office to see if I had any mail and while I was there, I met Julie, about my age, works here as the assistant apartment manager. She invited me to a prayer and fellowship event at a professor's house tonight.

I'm so glad I went!

There were about 30-40 people there and the prayer focus was for DTS students who were embarking on missions trips in the next few weeks, testimonies from others who have gone and already returned and that sort of thing. Very cool.

I'll be in the professor's Systematic Theology class this fall... scary stuff. I'm sure there will be posts on that to come! yikes! He said the word "Prolegomena" in a sentence while he and I were having a conversation and I was like... oh my word, I hope he doesn't expect me to know what that means yet!!! Yeah, I think I'll get started on the class reading assignments over the summer, since I'm here and all.

Anyway, I also met a girl whose mom was involved in Classical Conversations, the homeschool group that meets at ODBC. Her home church is Centreville Baptist, but hello, I'm in Dallas. How many people know where ODBC is?! That was fun!

Met another girl who lives in another on campus apartment building and she goes to the church I visited last Sunday...she invited me over for dinner with her and her friends on Tuesday. And apparently there will be a Gilmore Girls marathon to follow. Never saw the show, but my mom and sister like to watch it.

Then, the girl we drove over with was a sweetheart and oh! turns out she lives across the hall from me... literally, directly the closest apartment door to mine (yay!)

So... for those of you who may have said a little prayer for me that God would provide opportunities to meet some new friends THANK YOU!!! I have enjoyed basically being invisible this past week, not knowing a soul and feeling totally fine to keep it that way for a little while, but having the opportunity to meet new people tonight was a blast.

And I get to do it all over again tomorrow at a cookout for the summer residents in my apartment building. So, that should be fun, too!

Even so, miss y'all bunches.

1 comment:

Kate's Mommy said...

but I'm still your favorite roommate of all time! :) don't forget it! :)