Friday, July 25, 2008

Only in Texas...


Start reading each of these with this phrase:
Only in Texas...

Does the 7-day forecast on the news look like this:
102 102 103 103 104 103 102

Is it a race to take your key out of the ignition and open the car door before you nearly suffocate. You have about 10 seconds of getting your things together before you have to dial 911 for yourself!

Are traffic lights/stoplights/traffic signals SIDEWAYS. It's so strange.

Would I find myself driving behind a fancy maroon corvette whose license plate says: DION3--I don't know sports, could he have been famous?

Can you get a sunburn at 7:30pm... kid you not.

Could I look out my apartment window and see Southwest planes on their descent. We're in their flight path, and they are so close it sometimes looks like you can touch them!

Could I be in the land of cowboys and have yet to see a person wearing boots or a cowboy hat!!! What in the world?! I've seen a western store or 2, not brave enough to enter yet!

Do people who are financially challenged ride around on senior citizen scooters for transportation... in the middle of the road... and are not physically handicapped.

Can you go to a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market. Get this. It's Super Wal-Mart without the wal-mart part, just the supermarket part. I've never heard of such a thing.

Is everything BIGGER. No kidding... Went to the Grapevine Mills Mall which is owned by the same people as Potomac Mills. Oh, and you thought Potomac Mills had a lot of stores. This place has every store you can imagine. And it's HUGE. Their AMC looks like Universal Studios or something... 30 theatres!

Are there 2 Apple stores within a 2 mile radius! Sweet...

Have I ever needed a step ladder to use all the shelves of the kitchen cabinets... Our apartments havea loft feel and the ceilings are like 12-14 feet. The top shelf of the kitchen cabinets are about 10 feet up. I don't know, I'm not a good estimator, but I did have to get a kitchen step ladder thing.

Would you see Taco Bell, Taco Bueno and Taco Cabana all very close to each other on the same road! Within 3 blocks of each other! And they're like the same thing!

Would I find myself on Lover's Lane several times a week and it not be taboo. It's a real road, street signs and all! I have to take it to get to my office. It's just so cute.

Is it this HOT... seriously... it's really not that bad. You just expect it, I guess. Every day is the same. Bright, Sunny, Blue Skies, White Puffy Clouds and temperatures so hot Secret ain't gonna help nobody! Ok, I'm sure there are other places as hot or hotter... I've just never been to them!

Would I have reasons to write this post :o)


Make sure you read the next post... I just wrote about the past month to fill you in since I had been such a slacker!

No comments: