Friday, October 3, 2008

Destination: Albany, NY

There are some pretty great people who live in Albany. Like the greatest brother of all time, his fabulous wife, a little 4 year old princess named Avery and her sweet sidekick, 2 year old Drew. For crying out loud, the child will be 2 on Sunday! Seriously... time goes way too fast.

So, I've been kicking around the idea of going to visit them during our 2 week November break--oh, yeah, you heard that right. Nov. 17-21 there are no classes for "Reading Week"--a week to catch up and get ahead, and then the following week is off for Thanksgiving.

My wonderful parents want to see me at Christmas, so they bought my plane ticket back in May, but it's only for 2 weeks and I will have to take a road trip to VA for a long weekend to visit my ODBC family... don't know if I'd sanely make it to NY at Christmas... and, quite honestly, I like having them all to myself.

Then, I couldn't justify the money... so I prayed about it... knowing that God had the ability to provide for my trip, but not knowing if He would. His blessings have been so ridiculously abundant to me the past few months, I certainly don't "deserve" more.

So, I prayed, checked airfares, waited... almost charged it, changed my mind... waited, checked airfares... then one day earlier this week, God specifically answered the prayer. I was absolutely amazed. Then, today... I went to buy the ticket and the fares at Southwest had shot up like another $100... so I checked out Northwest airline at nwa.com that my sister in law highly recommended... Round trip to Albany November 14-18th... dirt cheap. Well, it would be rather expensive dirt, probably a couple of truckloads, but you know what I mean.

So in 42 days I will be Albany bound...for 5 glorious days of Eachus-ness...

1 comment:

Jennifer Renee said...

Yay! God is so amazing! :)