Monday, September 1, 2008

Did you get your free Chick-fil-a today?

I did.

Chick-fil-a was giving away 3 of their new Chicken Strips to anyone who came in dressed in football team attire.

I know what you're thinking: No, I don't own a Donovan McNabb jersey like every other Eachus who was raised in PA, married into the family, or for pity's sake was born into the "Eachus undying love for the Eagles" tradition. I don't even have a Liberty t-shirt down here... sweatshirts, yes... but who is going to wear a sweatshirt in Dallas on Labor Day? So, I borrowed a hat from the bearer of the good news of the free chicken strips. It was purple and had a W on it. Washington (the state) something or other.

you know, they should have a "bring your cute bag" to Chick-fil-a day or "wear your favorite shoes" to Chick-fil-a... what is it with football anyway? :o)

And you know what... I don't think people know who the Eagles are down here... Maybe my lack of Eagles attire saved my life, actually... a Cowboys fan would have had no choice but to take me out.

It was a nice study break... and a free dinner... Yay for football, after all :o)

P.S. Stay Tuned... the Chick-fil-a man, Truett Cathy is going to be in our chapel next Tuesday... so I'm sure I'll have great things to tell you about that!

2 comments:

Jennifer Renee said...

Truett Cathy-wow, too cool!

Free Chicken-what!? I had no idea...I missed it! Sad :(

And yeh, people down here are not big on my Skins or Vols pride. They love the Jags and Gators! :)

Matt said...

I was so nervous reading that. I thought for sure you were going to say that you actually defiled yourself with Cowboys garb - and you KNOW what that means right? Instant disowning. Love you . Hope you're doing well. Me and Amanda got an 11-mile run in this morning - OUCH!!! Talk to you later.