Friday, August 29, 2008

Syllabus Shock

That's what they call it when you read through all of your "syllabi" at the beginning of the semester and realize the amount of work that lies ahead of you. I am currently suffering from a severe case.

Symptoms include, but are not limited to:
  • feeling completely overwhelmed
  • wondering why one has to read more books in 1 semester than during an entire undergraduate career?!
  • a sick feeling in the pit of one's stomach that can only be translated as "what have I gotten myself into?"
  • mental exhaustion from the simple IDEA of all the work that's coming
  • and tears (though I've not gotten there quite yet!)
Along with the syllabus shock of this week, I'm also incredibly excited.
I already know so much more this week than I knew last week. Particularly 24 letters, how to write them, what they sound like and how to transliterate them (turn them into English letters). So, take that Greek 101! (Still the only girl... and let's be honest: is that really a bad thing?)

If you want to know how you can pray for me from the East Coast... join me in prayer that God would open my mind to comprehend everything and make it stick so I can remember it all. Not just for the sake of a good grade and for the tests... but for crying out loud, for LIFE. What else am I here for?!

As my sweet nephew Drew says: Love you! Miss you!
(guess you just have to be on the phone with him to hear how sweet that is for yourself)

No comments: