Friday, August 15, 2008

Fall Reading List...Wish me Luck!

So, classes start in just over a week (Aug. 25) and I thought you might like to know what I'm taking and what books I'll be reading this semester.  Seriously.  24 books (plus the B-i-b-l-e) 
I can hardly believe it myself!  

Oh, and stay turned for Blog Party Scripture Memory... I'll let you know as I'm working on passages I have to memorize...you might even learn some Greek along the way... and you KNOW I'll be the first to inform you of Theological words I have never heard of and share the sheer delight when I find out what they mean... remember "prolegomena", anyone?  

It's WAY scarier to see it all on a big list!
Lots of books, found most on Amazon and at a local store called Half Price Books for really good deals. And a few that I have to get at the campus bookstore.  

Bible Study Methods (Howard Hendricks is my professor!):
--How to Read the Bible as Literature (Ryken)
--Methodical Bible Study (Traina)
--Joy of Discovery in Bible Study (Ward)
--Basic Bible Interpretation (Zuck)
--NASB Bible

Intro to Greek:
--Greek New Testament (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul)
--Elements of New Testament Greek (Duff--not Hillary)
--Fundamental Greek Grammar (Voelz)

Spiritual Life:
--He That is Spiritual (Chafer)
--Grace Awakening (Swindoll)
--The Pursuit of God (Tozer)
--Spirit of the Disciplines (Willard)

Evangelism:
--7 Principles of an Evangelistic (Cecil)
--True Evangelism (Chafer)

Spritual Formation:
(a weekly small group required, not for credit)
--Foundations of Spiritual Formation (Pettitt)

Introduction to Theology:
--Evangelical Dictionary of Theology (Elwell)
--From the Ground Up (Horrell)
--Dispensationalism (Ryrie)
--The Universe Next Door (Sire)
--Reinventing Jesus (Wallace, Komoszewski)
--Last Word (Wright)
--The Missing Gospels (Bock)
--Progressive Dispensationalism (Bock/Blaising)
--Baker Pocket Guide to World Religions (McDermott)
--Christian Theology (McGrath)

No comments: